Monday, August 24, 2009

Vacation!!!


We have been on vacation for the past week. Actually my SO was on vacation, and I never really planned on throwing everything aside so that I could go goofing off with her. But, it was too enticing and we have had the best time together this past week. Today is her first day back to work and I am in a funk.

We stayed at home a lot. Played video games. Yes, women in their upper 30s early 40s do play video games, and we kick ass. This week we were giving the Horde hell. We played through Gears 1 and 2 for about the fourth time.

We watched a couple of movies. We watched tv. We relaxed.

Over this past weekend we went to Bell Buckle, TN. One of the best little places anywhere. Old buildings all in a row filled with neat old things, some new, and a couple of places to get yummy things to eat. We ate at the Bell Buckle Cafe. We walked around and looked at all of the awesome junk in the "antiques" shops. It does tickle me a little that people have taken to calling old stuff either "vintage" or "antiques". It takes a lot of special to make an old thing worth keeping around. So, unless an item has that specialness, it is junk. Now, that doesn't mean completely useless, but it does mean that the price should reflect its status. lol I just love the mixture of awesome old junk, vintage, and antiques in the shops in Bell Buckle. If you ever get the chance to see them, you should go. We got some photos I really like from our trip to Bell Buckle. The photo above was one taken at one of those junk shops. It will be available in my brandedbutterflytwo shop soon.

Now that I have taken a week off I am buried in stuff I need to get done. Bleck.

No comments: