Monday, July 20, 2009

Nashville Farmer's Market





Yesterday my love and I went to the Farmer's Market in Nashville. It has been several years since we went. They are revamping the food court, and it needs it. It is disappointing to see so many eateries that have nothing to do with local food and local farms. I hope that is remedied.

The flea market is not a flea market either. Not in my book. To me, a flea market is booths with artisan created items mixed in with people selling their junk. This sad flea market was nothing but a bunch of mass produced knock off junk, like fake Coach bags, and $1.00 store junk.

The actual produce was great though. I love to smell all of the produce when you first walk into the shed. The colors blow me away. It is easy to forget that all of the colors love each other and like to be thrown together. We got some tomatoes, new potatoes, and cucumbers. I got to taste test a watermelon. We got some pictures. We took a little ride around downtown. Most importantly, we spent some time together and had a nice day.

2 comments:

Toothfairy said...

the last shot is great! I love it! great angle, and lovely colors!



*loves*

Katie of brandedbutterfly said...

Thank you!